That’s right, there is a new incarnation of #iblamesyrana on Twitter. A few folks have already started to warm up their blaming skills in anticipation. You may have heard a little about it on a couple of podcasts or even seen the post over at Azeroth United.
So, here I am, going to lay it all out for you and get you pumped for charity!
Of course, I want to encourage you to give to the Hearts, Hands, and Voices charity drive over at Azeroth United (AU) which is aiming to raise $5,000 for Child’s Play Charity between November 1st and December 13th. There are even some nifty incentives you could win!
Whether you are able to help give to the cause or not, you can help us give to the cause.
How This Works:
- Starting as of November 1st, we’ll be keeping track of tweets containing #iblamesyrana.
- For each blameworthy tweet (no empty tweets please) Sideshow and I will donate 10 cents to Child’s Play. (up to a maxium of $50)
- At the end of the drive, we will match the amount raised via tweets (up to the maximum).
- There are 500 blameworthy tweets containing #iblamesyrana. At 10 cents a tweet, the tweets raise $50, so we’ll donate a total of $100
- There are 100 blameworthy tweets worth $10, so we’ll donate $20.
- So, you got ganked ingame? Computer crashed with the BSOD? Your tire is flat? Tweet about it and add #iblamesyrana
I urge you all to help us reach the 500 tweet mark!
Don’t have a Twitter account? Well now is the time to get one! It’s free and you can abandon it after you blame me if you really want.
Why is there a cap in place?
Well, I’d feel bad if there ends up being thousands of tweets bringing us to a total we can’t afford. And we don’t want to disappoint the children, am I right?
However, if you guys want to continue blaming if/when the maximum number is reached, feel free! It may still help put the word out there and get folks to donate.
Now get out there and spread the word (and blame)!
*Sidenote: If the maximum tweets are not reached during the drive, we’ll consider counting the ones that went out this week in all the excitement.